One of my intentions in creating this blog is to open the door to an AmpleAliveness community. I want all of us -- those who are learning about Life Beyond Dieting, who are embracing the Health at Every Size lifestyle, who are choosing to value our uniqueness and our lives more than numbers on a scale -- to learn from and support each other.
This is not a journey to be traveled alone, and I am merely a facilitator and co-journeyer, not some guru pontificating from atop a mountain. I need you; we need each other.
And so it is vital that we interact; that we each contribute what we can -- be that questions, feedback, resources, suggestions, insights.... struggles, and victories.... requests for support and understanding; offers of helping hands and soft shoulders and AmpleHugs for the struggles... pats on the back and celebrations and AmpleHugs for the victories.
How we interact on a blog is via Comments; and your ability to easily respond to my posts via Comments are the key reason this is a blog and not a static I-write-you-read website.
So here are some suggestions, how you can contribute to this community:
- When you read something I've written, and have anything to add that might benefit others, add a Comment. How? Just click on the word Comments below each post, scroll down to Post a comment, fill in the fields and type away.
- Read others' comments, if any, on the same page, and reply to them, if appropriate, in the same way. You may want to indicate, by their username, whose comment you are replying to.
- Every time you visit this blog, take a look over on the right, where Recent Comments are listed. Read comments that may have been posted since your last visit, and of course, reply if it feels right to do so.
- If you have any doubt that a resource or thought you want to share is appropriate, email it to me privately -- there's a link on the About page.
- Of course, the usual rules apply -- no being mean to each other (or to me): it's OK to disagree, not to flame. No self-promotion, unless what you offer is an appropriate resource for this community. Nothing promoting weight loss or dieting will be accepted. I reserve the right to edit any comments, and to delete any that don't meet these guidelines.
Questions? Thoughts? COMMENTS?
I look forward to hearing from you!
AmpleHugs & SunflowerSmiles,