I am SO SICK of how everyone "LUVs" Southworst, er, west, airline, and thinks SWA loves them. These people obviously either don't care about anyone fat who flies, or are unaware of SWA's anti-fat policies. As I understand it:
- They require anyone who needs a seatbelt extender to buy two seats, whether the plane is full or not.
- They may or may not refund the 2nd seat purchase if the plane is not full.
- The arbitrary application of this policy is at the "discretion" (degree of fat prejudice) of individual ticket and gate agents.
- This policy can be enacted anywhere along a multi-flight journey.
- They don't guarantee the two seats you purchase will be next to each other.
- They don't give you double luggage allowance.
I have only once flown SWA -- before they instituted this policy. Never again. (I prefer Jet Blue.) So if you are a person of size and have experience with SWA's anti-fat policy, I really want to hear from you -- did I miss anything? What was it like for you? Did you find SWA to be "loving" toward you?
Adam Kayce (Monk at Work), a teacher I otherwise adore and respect, just posted in his blog about how he "LUVs" Southwest airlines. Someone from SWA responded, so they're reading the blog.
So here's an opportunity to educate Adam and his readers about how Southworst's "loving attitude" does not apply to fat people. Please post a reply to Adam's blog if you agree.