So how does one start posting to a blog that's been lying dormant for way too many months? One way is to have something to celebrate!
Today, May 6, 2009, there is much to celebrate. I hope you'll join me:
- Today is International No Diet Day, a day to celebrate & honor your body and your spirit, exactly as they are, with no deprivation, negativity, or modification. And, if you're ready, make today the 1st day of a permanent no-weight-loss-dieting lifestyle.
- Timed to honor INDD, today is the official launch day for Fat Poets Speak: Voices of the Fat Poets' Society, of which I am one of the authors. Woo-Hoo! The book is an outcome of a writing workshop at a NAAFA conference, and all royalties are being donated to NAAFA. Buying a copy, for yourself and/or for a woman you love, would be a GREAT way to celebrate INDD!
- As part of the INDD/FPS launch celebration, Jay Solomon of More of Me To Love has posted interviews of each of the five Fat Poets authors. There is an opportunity to comment after you read them -- another way to celebrate!
- More of Me To Love is giving away a copy of Fat Poets Speak. To enter to win, sign the "I'm So Fab" pledge on the website.
- Our publisher, Peggy Elam of PearlSong Press, has recorded a radio show about Fat Poets Speak, including excerpts from each poet. You can listen to or download the MP3 here.
- Elizabeth Patch, author/illustrator of More To Love, is offering a free mini-poster for INDD.
- Laura McKibben offers a new food-for-thought pyramid as a challenge to the traditional food pyramid. Check it out - it presents a whole new perspective on healthy living. Hint: That tiny space at the tippy-top of the pyramid, the "use sparingly" space -- that's "Nutritional Advice".
There will be much more to celebrate and share with you in the coming weeks and months. AmpleAliveness is an evolving work in progress, as is yours truly Stay tuned, and please let me hear from you.