Today is International No Diet Day!
Today is a day for:
- Celebrating your body exactly as it is;
- Recognizing and honoring your hungers and your appetites;
- Helping to promote size diversity and to end size discrimination (starting with yourself, if needed);
- Learning the facts (and unlearning the hype) about dieting, weight, and health; and
- Remembering the victims of eating disorders, weight loss surgery and other weight-biased medical care
Thanks to a couple of friends who helped me celebrate today:
Terry of BIG as TEXAS sent me a lovely custom-made "Early Endeavors" INDD card, and Barbara Bruno put a smile on my face with this photo (click on it for a bigger version):
SO, how are you celebrating No Diet Day?
AmpleHugs & SunflowerSmiles,